Bzzzzz

The World Hunger Farm also has bees, and yesterday I got to experience them. There are eight or so beehives and I and another checked on them yesterday, to make sure they were on schedule in honey-producing and what not.

I got to wear a stylish hat like this fellow here, except I wasn't as crazy as him and I also had gloves that went up to my elbows and a long sleeved shirt. It was a little terrifying at first, hundreds of bees buzzing around me. Bees are pretty smart, and if they really want to sting you, they will sting you. Two flew up my pants' leg and stung me in my leg. I am alive to tell the tale. I ended up putting tape over my pants at about the ankle so no one else could squeeze through. It looked hot.


And now tis the weekend and I'm super excited about sleep. I said earlier that I'm getting into naps, but it's been hard for me. I keep trying to nap, and I'm tired, but I just lay there. Like today. It's annoying.

Life is hard.

 

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I can't imagine working in (with) bee hives.
And your poll is weird. Do you guys fight with chain saws at your farm?

Anonymous said...

Oh man. You are brave. I have never been stung by a bee but I am terrified of the day that it will happen. Maybe, since you got stung by two today, one of them can count as mine and I won't ever have to experience that. That would be really great.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I picked a toe on your poll because my mom lost her big toe when she was a wee little toddler and she is just fine. You'd think it would affect your balance, but it was not so in her case. And I think a missing toe is much less noticeable than a missing finger, especially when you don't wear sandals all the time. And she can still wear flip flops! It's kinda gross looking, but she can still wear them.