Sitting Around

You can expect a lot of posts from me this summer. I feel like I will have a lot of free time. And I am becoming ok with that. It used to make me really restless when I didn't have anything to do for extended periods of time. Just sitting around for more than an hour or so just didn't satisfy. Now I'm good with it. I can just sit and read and read and read or journal or nap or what have you. That was most of my yesterday, actually. I finished The Unbearable Lightness of Being, which is exciting. It feels good to finish a book, you know? Next.

So in anticipation of lots of sitting around, I bought the 2007 edition of The Best American Nonrequired Reading and a book by Paulo Coelho called The Witch of Portobello. Those will keep be occupied for a bit.

I'm looking forward to embarking on my first week of working at the farm--to being in it. I only did a little work on Thursday and then on Friday, and haven't gotten my hands dirty since then. I want to.

In the mean time, here is a picture from Whitney Travis . . . er . .Rushing's wedding last Saturday. Wow, that was just a week ago!

I've known those girls for most of my coherent life. I'm glad that I still do. They are good ones.

 

1 comments:

Nancy said...

Wow. That is a GREAT picture!! All of you are beautiful. BEAUTIFUL.
And I know it's on the inside, too.