It rained.

"When will i realize that the skin I'm in, hey, it isn't mine? . . .though I know I can't hid and oh how hard I try, but this is just the shape I'm in."

That's from a Blind Melon song that's playing on my iTunes. Interpret it as you will.

I experienced my first farm rain. It's better than normal rain. Farm rain has more meaning than normal rain. And there is much more mud. But there is much less care about being muddy. I've been caring less about my appearance and cleanliness in general, which is a lot of fun. Here is make up free, dirty, farm Laura, leaning against her farm wall while sitting on her farm bed, typing on her farm laptop.


I officially milked goats for the first time today. I say "officially" because I milked a goat Sunday too, but today was the first time I was scheduled to do so and I milked goats. As in two. There were eight to be milked, but since I'm new and slow, I milked two in the time it took my milking partner to milk six. Milking makes ones fingers rather tired. I will have stronger hands after this summer. And forearms.

There's another new guy we picked up at the Waco airport yesterday, which I had never been to before (I am having so many adventures). We made a sign to great him. I think we kind of freaked him out.

Now the rain is over and the clouds are racing past my window

 

2 comments:

Nancy said...

That's a great picture of you!
And milking goats! And going to the big Waco airport! And farm rain!

Sooooon I'm going to come for a tour. (not of the Waco airport.)

Josh said...

Besides the milking goats and Waco airport we had the same day. I mean it rained :)