Idyllic

Wow, three people so far want to be my pillow. That was my silly answer choice, the one I just threw in there, I guess I have good friends/stalkers. They want to make my head comfortable. I personally would want to be a garden gnome, out of process of elimination really. As a paintbrush, I would always be flung about and have gunk in my hair. As a Macbook Pro I would be too stressed out. As a djembe someone would always be hitting me. As my pillow, I would be smothered and get hair germs and face oil all up on me. As a garden gnome, I could be outside, and maybe even kidnapped and taken to interesting places. Sure, I couldn't independently move, but that is the meaning of the world inanimate. Mainly I want to be a garden gnome because my desktop picture right now is a colony of gnomes I saw in Switzerland.

They look happy. I would be too--forever chilling in the yard of a house located on a Swiss Alp.

I'm back in Waco now, if you're keeping track. Tomorrow at two I'll be moving into the farm. I have this idyllic vision of me at the farm. In the morning I merrily milk goats, tend to the chickens, whatever they have me do. Then merrily I eat lunch with my fellow workers. Then merrily sit outside and read and journal and play spades or some such activity. That's my vision right now.

Until then, I'm just sitting around.

Oh, and the Radiohead concert was sweet. Even though we were really far away and couldn't see much. It was still sweet.


AND..to make this post even longer and contain more types of media, here's a video of Jason Mraz's new single. I have a crush on him.

 

4 comments:

samadi said...

www.xian-dubai.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I was one that picked your pillow. But I really just picked it because it sounds nice to be in a bed all day and comfy and lazy.

Nancy said...

Very interesting post. I like it.
I can't wait to hear about your first farm experiences!

Wil Carmack said...

radiohead WAS sweet. "Exit Music (for a film)" was the best. i had chills..