Today is dead

Class is over and Baylor students are in the midst of dead days. I'm at Common Grounds and there is no one around me just hanging out and talking like usual; everyone is hunched over books and papers. The conversation that is around me consists of class talk, study talk, exam talk. Lots of furrowed brows. There is a solidarity in our studying.

My brow is un-furrowed at the moment. I'm not too stressed out. I don't believe in furrowing my brow over my classes. It's just school, it's not the world. Chill out. Learn what you can, do what you can, but don't loose your joy in the process.

Ben Harper is playing so I'm feeling particularly groovy and chill, if you can't tell.

I'm wearing my tshirt that says "books are good for you." I'm hoping to impart a good message on me and on all who look at my shirt. Books are good for you.

I feel like I've only been in class a week, and now they are all over. Junior year has been a very interesting year.

 

6 comments:

Carmack said...

Posts like this make it obvious to me that we are related.

Nancy said...

Interesting title for a post. It got my attention.

And we are related, also.

Wil Carmack said...

yeah. i copied and edited them (plagiarism!) cause i was lazy and didn't want to type. but i am really intrigued by Syd Barrett.

Wil Carmack said...

i'm not emo...

Anonymous said...

pretty picture

Anonymous said...

oh. and i have known many african american people that have really really dark/black eyes.