Sleep is good

I've come to value and enjoy sleep a lot more. This summer I've decided to get into naps. I'll be waking up everyday at 7, at the latest, and working, so a nap in the afternoons sounds like a nice idea. I had a short one yesterday and awoke with the imprint of my quilt on my face. I've never really liked naps before, so this is a big deal for me.

So I have lived through two nights here. Yesterday I harvested a lot of broccoli. I also witnessed a goat giving birth! That was really interesting. And I saw one of them take its first steps. Life is amazing.

Another new girl has moved in. Her name is Anna and also goes to Baylor. We are both sitting in the common area right now and just had breakfast. She made bread yesterday and it is really good. I just had some toasted.

During the weekends the only people who have to work are those who have weekend duty. So I slept in some this morning and will probably go into town today and bother my roommates.

My computer is almost out of battery and I don't feel like going to get my charger, so I'll leave it at that.

 

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Wow. . . you saw a goat giving birth and another one taking his first steps! Wow.

So you might be like your Granddaddy after all . . . taking naps! Oh, and planting stuff, and well, everything farm-like.

Anonymous said...

ok, its been a while since i read through your blog, and i just realized that i made it into one of you posts! what a treat from 3 years of friendship :)

Anonymous said...

naps are so under-rated, in my opinion. they can do wonders for someone that really needs one.

obviously.