Hermit

I just saw the movie Stop-Loss. It was so good. It was heavy and sad, but so good. I think Tim Cogshell of Box Office Magazine put it well when he said, "The film manages to walk a line that is not antiwar in the main, but is distinctly pro-soldier, and thus takes pains to speak to the plight of the American serviceperson." Ol' Timmy, he always knows what's what.

I think it's interesting hermit is winning in my poll. I guess I have some loner friends. I, for one, chose to be an owl. Then I could fly, people. Fly I'm feeling kind of like a hermit right now though. I'm sitting in my room on a Saturday night. I can hear a party going on next door. As we were returning home from the aforementioned movie, we saw some girls leaving in high heels and little else. Their night was just begining while mine is in the process of ending.


[I have a confession. I don't actually hear a party going on next door, I just thought that would add dramatic effect. Sometimes I do hear parties though. And I little while ago I heard a person talking loudly, if that counts for anything.]

 

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I'm one of the hermits. . . . and proud of it.

Nancy said...

Wow. You just left a comment super fast on my joke blog. Course I know you have that RSS thing. Does it tell you every time I edit a post? I mean, I am always hitting 'publish' and then I read the thing and see I need to make a change.
Also, on my "Minding . . ." blog I published something a few minutes ago and then read it and thought it sounded way too preachy- so deleted the whole thing. Then I put up what I just put up. I'll think I'll leave that.

Anyway, it was a thrill to get your 2 comments so soon.
Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I chose to be an owl too. I would like to fly. And I would like to be able to stay up more comfortably throughout the night than I already do, and owls are nocturnal. And I like animals in general.

But it was a hard choice between that and a hermit.