CG

So I know I already wrote today, but I'm here again. Consider it making up for lost time; I haven't written a lot in the past few weeks. And I haven't had a "I'm sitting at Common Grounds" post in awhile, and I figured it was about time. So . .

I'm sitting here at Common Grounds, enjoying a mug of hot Vanilla Almond tea, seasoned with milk and honey. It feels perfect for a day like today. Its rainy and cold and a bit dreadful, depending on your frame of reference. If your frame of reference is the inside of a cozy coffee shop with a cup of tea at your side, then it's not dreadful at all. Astronomy was rather pointless this morning. The professor wasn't there, and instead the TA lectured on the topic of his choice, which was the history of rockets. Meanwhile, I practiced writing, and then doodling, with my left hand. It was enthralling, to say the least.

It's also fun being here because I always run into people. The coffee shop is right off Baylor campus and so us Baylor students are its predominant customers. There are always people here studying or chatting or having DTRs; every once and awhile you'll find someone napping.

I've been recently listening to a lot of Fiona Apple. She's good angry, empowering girl music. Not that I'm an angry girl, but sometimes I pretend to be.

Ok, I'll for real study or something now.

 

2 comments:

caroline said...

Vanilla Almond tea? I've never heard of that before, it sounds good! I'm excited to get to hang out with you some at the shower on Saturday!

Nancy said...

Hot vanilla almond tea. Just writing that soothes the soul. -Though I didn't need my soul soothed, really. The knowledge that you're coming home today thrills my soul. !!