Working Out

Something I've learned this evening is that not many girls work out at Lifetime at night. I went there tonight at around eight and very much felt that. There were plenty of us around the cardio machines, but when I looked around whilst doing weights, I felt rather alone in representing my gender. And exposed.

Sometimes, when I work out and it's really hard and I need to motivate myself, I say, "Laura, it's called working out for a reason. It's not called easy out. It's supposed to be hard." That's just a little something for ya. I enjoy motivating people, including myself.

People say that two subjects you should avoid talking about are religion and politics. They ignite passions. Well, here at the Carmack table (which is where I'm sitting right now, as a matter of fact), that is pretty much all we talk about, I've noticed. Well, I wouldn't so much say we, because I'm usually more on the listening side of things; I absorb. Especially the later, what with it being election season and all. I feel pitifully uninformed when it comes to that. But I become more informed by absorbing.

I don't see how these politicians get any sleep. They're always talking on TV.

 

1 comments:

Nancy said...

Those were good words on why it's called 'working out', not 'easy out'. I like that.
I needed that.