Twas the night before classes . .

And all through the loft
Roommates were unpacking
And one just coughed [It was Claire]
Boxes were thrown in the hall without care
Next to old things and new things and ones that we share.

That's enough of that.

It's the eve of a new semester. I start tomorrow at eight with 3-D Design, a class I dropped last spring; so I'm not really looking forward to that. At least I can get it over with early.

Going to UBC this morning was really nice. I've missed it. And seeing a bunch of people I hadn't seen in awhile was cool. It's always kind of awkward to see people at first, because I don't really know what to say. There's just so much that we've missed in each other's lives, it's hard to know where to start.

"How are you?!"
"Good! How are you? How was Italy?"
"Great! I really enjoyed it. I'm happy to be back though."

And that's when the conversation starts to peter out. But oh well, it's still nice to see them.

I'm all unpacked now and comfortable. Everyone is back, including people who will soon be gone. It will be interesting to see how this semester turns out. It always is.

 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I do miss that! I always love the first day of a new semester! You never know what's going to happen, new classes, new people,its exciting! Well good luck!

Nancy said...

As I write this you're getting ready to go to that first class. Well, unless you've overslept.
Wake up!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

i have an 8am on mondays too! it was cold this morning, eh?

Anonymous said...

8 AM. Gross. I'm pretty sure I would never go to that class. Don't be like me!

Anonymous said...

I got a meal plan. now we can feast!