Swoon

I went to a concert last night at Waco Hall. It was headlined by Matt Wertz and opened by John McLaughlin. I had never heard of either, and John blew me away. Matt was alright--good, but nothing memborable for me. John made me melt. It was just him and a grand piano on the stage. I bought a CD. Here's a sample for you; it's him playing "Indiana."

So dreamy! He's married though. His loss.

In other news, I went to my first American sporting event since I have been back. Today I watch the Men's Basketball team play OU. We were beat 77 to 71, and my heart hurts a little. It was so much fun though. I forgot how enjoyable it is to go to stuff like that. To yell and scream and cheer and sing the fight song. You really feel like apart of something

 

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Too bad Baylor lost. . . but so good that you were there.

Julia said...

ahhh, i wish i had been at the a&m/baylor game! my dad and i sat in front of the computer and beside the radio, trying to make sense of the game . . . but it just wasn't the same.

in more recent news, I HAVE A BLOG!

AND, i miss your presence on facebook, but i am glad to find you here. i will send you an e-mail with what facebookers now know about my life.

everytime i'm with echo people, i look for you . . . and i forget that we are, once again, separated.

i miss you already, my venetian friend.

Molly said...

this is my favorite john mclaughlin song... i had no idea he was so dreamy in person though! i think i lurrrrrve him.