Revelations



I had a couple revelations earlier this evening while studying at Common Grounds

Revelation 1: A  random guy that I think is cute is not going to ask me out.  He's not going to walk over, say something witty and flattering, and then whisk me off my feet.  I blame the movies for believing this. This is a freeing revelation. 

Revelation 2: I don't need everyone to like and approve of me and to think I'm cool.  (I've had this revelation before, but I think I need to have it everyday for it to really stick.)

Revelation 3: Just because my hot tea becomes cold doesn't mean it's bad.  It has just become cold tea and I can tolerate drinking it.  (This is not a metaphor, though I'm sure there is one in there somewhere.  Maybe you can find it?)


edit: The "random guy" in revelation one is not a specific person. Just random cute guys in general.



 

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Interesting revelations . . .

That second one fits with Rob's sermon yesterday . . . which was really, REALLY good. You can listen to it on the Bear Valley website.
Well, said (that second one) - and some folks would be surprised to know that YOU even need that revelation. Being you, and all.

(The random guy in Revelation 1 probably isn't good enough for you anyway.)

Wil Carmack said...

i like this post laura. Revelations are really amazing things because they are not merely intellectual; they use your emotions as well. (like a soul thing) maybe i don't make sense.

p.s. I want a revelation so badly, help me out.

Nancy said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog!

What a thrill- to come home and have 5 comments on my blog!!!!

(So that random cute guy really WAS random. Oh. Well, he's still not good enough. Oh yes.)

Rob said...

I agree with Nancy. No guy is good enough for you, Laura Carmack. Therefore, those random ones aren't even noteworthy to be given a name. They are and will remain "random guy." They WISH they were good enough to be given hypothetical names (like Bill), but they're not.

I'm just saying... you know?