Gerg

16


I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

So I didn't get that internship at the Kimbell this summer. Major bummer. So of course now I'm questioning my whole course in life. Yadda yadda yadda--normal college-student stresses and fears and general questioning of everything. I won't bore you with that. I'm looking into the World Hunger Farm now. There's possibly a spot this summer for a live-in volunteer, they say. I'm going there tomorrow so we'll see how that works out, if that's even what I want to do. Gerg. I don't know exactly what "gerg" means, but it feels right.

I've recently gotten into the Indigo Girls. I know I'm about ten years too late, but I'm ok with it. Today I learned the song "Closer to Fine" on the guitar. Now I will drive my roommates crazy with it. And they will love it. Love it I say!

And here's a picture from the aforementioned outdoor service, taken whilst we were picnicing afterwards. (You can click on it for a closer look.)


This weekend I get to go camping with strangers. I'm in a Backpacking class but I going camping with a different section of said class. So I'm not actually looking forward to it, though I'll probably end up enjoying myself, because I like outside. Maybe I'll come back with a new bestie. Or enemy. Probably just a bunch of new acquaintances. Think of all the new people I'll get to say hi to on campus!

What do you guys think I should do this summer?

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the world hunger farm would be great for you, but I would also love to have you home for the summer so we can chill. You seem to enjoy the farm and you talk passionately about it, so I doubt that you would regret the decision to help out. BUT. Do whatever you feel you should.

Nancy said...

Well, I found out I could take on just 7 five year olds.

As for this summer. Your room is waiting for you.
The tea room might be waiting for you.
You could catalog your dad's book, so that would be waiting for you.
You could have supper with John, Elizabeth, little Caroline, Cap and Lindsey and maybe Rob and Caroline and Will and Bailey maybe every other
Monday night. Or Tuesday or Thursday night.

You could play and sing at Seeker's on Monday nights and Buon Giorno on Tuesday night and get your brother and Bailey to sing also.
You could swim in our (your) pool. And sunbathe - knowing you might get skin cancer.
You could write a book.
Or write songs.
And decorate your room (if I haven't already.)
And go to board meetings with us so as to get a feel for banking.
Work at the bank. You'd have to take your nose ring out. But I think you'd have to for anything, really. I'm glad you've enjoyed that nose ring, but its days may be numbered.

I'm tired, so I'm rambling.
I better quit.
Just know that I would LOVE having you living at 2807 Jackson Court this summer.
I would treat you as an adult.
I promise.
(Hold me to it.)

caroline said...

this is an ignorant question, but there are no other museums in the area you could work for? maybe a tour guide or something. I think that would be so fun!

and no don't take out the nose ring!!!! haha just kidding... but seriously... but just kidding.. seriously

Wil Carmack said...

I agree with bailey. and have fun camping with strangers.... Hmm... Camping with strangers... sounds a cool name for a CD.

Nancy said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on my Grace Notes blog!