Arrriba!

Happy Diadeloso!

Diadeloso is Baylor's "Day of the Bear." It's a tradition whence class is canceled and general merriment ensues. Basically.  That is why I am not in class right now.  I have plans to go hiking in Cameron Park, but it may rain.  So that's a bummer.  I printed out a trail map and everything.

Last night I was talking with some of my peeps about our bucket lists (bucket list=what one wants to do before one hits the proverbial bucket).  I thought of some and don't want to forget them so I thought I would share them with you. So, in no particular order
  • Sky Dive
  • Become a certified yoga instructor
  • Go backpacking by myself
  • Open (or help someone open) a business
  • Scuba dive
  • See the Lascaux cave paintings in France (at the moment they aren't viewable to the public, so that might be a tricky one)
So that's my list so far.  What's something that's on your list?
Oh!  And my bucket list for this semester (i.e. things I want to do before this semester hits the proverbial bucket) includes playing at Common Grounds' open mike night.  Well, last night I signed up.  Next Wednesday from 10-10:30 I will be playing and singing at CG.  Thirty whole minutes! Just typing that put butterflies in my stomach.   It'll be fun; I'm excited.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you for signing up! Based on how well you did at Buon Giorno, I know you will be fantastic. Don't stress about it too much. Just have fun.

Some things on my bucket list...hmm. I like thinking about this. Here are some:

Write a novel (duh)
Write a decent song
Get another tattoo
Go to egypt
Live somewhere outside of Texas
Join a choir again
Go whale watching
Go on a long roadtrip across the US

I think that's enough for now. I don't want to be TOO ambitious.

Julia said...

my list:

seeing you play and sing at cg
hanging out with you a lot more
coming back to firenze with you
seeing you in person?

hi laura,

I MISS YOU!!!!!

i am in florence right now, and i think of you with every turn i take! i have been to fua a few times, and i am staying with lauren beck and katherine grace (who reminds me of you, because your middle name is katherine and you have grace).

i have an italia shirt now, too. that was the first article of clothing i have bought in europe. big deal.

love you. miss you.
jules

Nancy said...

I am THRILLED that you're playing at Common Grounds!!!

As far as something I would put on my bucket list, hmm . . . it will be fun to think about.


Oh, soon, you'll need to play and sing at Seekers.