Adventure!

I got my car inspected today, which I've been meaning to do since February. It took less than ten minutes; I can't believe I didn't do it sooner. People are silly like that.

I'm in the midst of planning my hypothetical backpacking trip for my real Backpacking final. It's to Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado and will be hypothetically occurring this July. We're in the midst of day three right now and we're exploring Glacier Gorge's trifecta of glacial lakes. I had never heard of the word "trifecta" before today, but apparently it means "a run of three wins or grand total events." I guess there are three sweet lakes. We're having a good time, but are starting to get a bit smelly, as we are three days going without a shower. And we're just halfway through.

I want to take this trip for real. If you haven't noticed, I've recently been bitten by the outdoor adventure bug. I want to be outside and I want to have an adventure. This summer I want to work at a farm, last week I went hiking at Cameron Park, a couple weeks ago I went backpacking with my class (I think that is where the bug bit me) , and now I'm dreaming of a sweet backpacking trip. Let's have an adventure!

In other news, I changed the strings on my guitar all by myself for the first time last night. It was good bonding with ol' Martie. Since we bonded so much, I gave him a name--the aforementioned Martie. He's a Martin guitar. I think he appreciates it, and the new strings. They're so clean and squeaky. And I'm super excited about Wednesday.

 

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh I wish I could be there Wednesday night - which is TOMORROW night!! I can't, though.
I know you'll do a super job.

Oh, have you been Eliz. blog lately? She has a video of Caroline that is amazing -- for a child that young. It is so cute!

Anonymous said...

You'd never heard of the word "trifecta" before? That's weird to me. You are one of those people that I consider to have tons of knowledge about lots of things. So this surprised me.

Good luck tomorrow night! What are you planning on playing?

Wil Carmack said...

yay! now you are a true guitarist.

Wil Carmack said...
This comment has been removed by the author.