Happy Tuesday everybody! Life here at the Ranch is pretty good. No complaints. Except I kind of had a nasty fall yesterday. It's a little hard to explain.....but here I go. There's this thing called the pendulum where you hook your kids up in a harness, pull them up really high, and then let them go...and then they swing...like a pendulum. It's fun. Anywho, whenever a kid is pulled up really high, someone on the ground pulls a string that lets them go, and yesterday, that was my job. You go, "One!..Two!...Three!" and pull, and the kid flies. Or if its a brave kid, you might pull on two or something, to catch them off guard. ANYwho, I was doing it yesterday, and I got to three, and pulled.....and nothing happened. So I kept pulling, "Four!...Five!...Six!" and still nothing. And the girl is just sitting there, like 20 feet above our heads, hanging in her harness. So I grab the rope, and, using all my strength, lifting myself off the ground, I pull. And it works. So the rope I'm pulling is no longer attached to the girl 20 feet up in the air. So I fall, landing on my back on the wood platform I was standing on. It hurt a lot, and I bruised my bum pretty bad, and scrapped up my right elbow nicely. What was cool though, is that as soon as I stood up, as my eyes were tearing up, about 19 girls gather around me and hug me and ask if I'm ok. It was so cool!

But it really hurt. And let me just say that you shoudn't go down a waterslide if you have a big bruise on your butt. It's just not a good idea.

 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness.
bless your heart.
does bum mean butt?
does it hurt to sit?
How is your elbow?

If i were there i would have hugged you, too, and asked if you were okay. i'm so glad there were all those girls giving you love and sympathy. I know that goes a long way. mmm
mm