Man, what a rollercoaster this is. There are some moments, like yesterday evening, when I just feel so exhausted and sick and alone, and I just wanted to go home and get a hug from my mom, and there are other moments, like right now, when I'm in love with all of my campers (not in a creepy way) and am soaking up every drop of God that he gives me, and I wouldn't rather be anywhere else. A rollercoaster, I tell ya.

I think I should just mention that last night, my cabin, Carmichael (C-Mike, if you will) won the Keep-Your-Counselor-Clean game. I couldn't have been prouder. We were all covered in syrup and flour and mustard and ketchup and chocolate and dirt, but were we so PUMPED! Because we're basically amazing.

I have all our cheers in my head, playing over and over and over again. Like...

Back! Back! Back! Back!
What?!
Gimme fifty feet!
Don't try to mess with C-Mike
Cause you know we got you beat!

I think it's a variation of some rap song I don't know. And then there's...

Carmichael
Always and forever
If you think you're better
Ch Ch
Whatever
Ch Ch
Whatever


..In other news. I think you should know that "a New York man has been charged with second-degree assault after he hit his mother with a bottle opener following a heated argument over American Idol."

 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

very interesting post

fortunately my son didn't watch American Idol - mm- that was close

mm

i'm hugging you in my mind mm mm mm mm mm