I think it's funny how, in a parallel universe, if I was at home right now at this time, I would probably just be getting up and starting my day. But here, I've already done so much. Like cleaning our cabin and breakfast and waterslides and party pool and right now my cabin is at the team wall. It's going to be weird when I go home in 3 1/2 weeks and I can sleep till whenever I want (oh yes) and I won't have wake up a cabin of 22 thirteen year old girls and make them clean and I won't have a strict schedule to adhere to and a big backpack to carry around. I mean, I'm having fun here (usually), don't get me wrong, it'll just be different.

After this week, I will be half way done with being a counselor. I'll have had 3 weeks with kids and I will have 3 weeks left.

I want to stop thinking like that though. I just want to live one day at a time. One activity at a time. One minute at a time. One little girl at a time. Or I will get overwhelmed.

I've not been playing my guitar as much and my callouses (sp?) are starting to peel off. That makes me sad. My voice is back though. I'll have coughing fits every once and awhile, but other than that I'm gravy.

Oh, and I'm reading Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis.

And does anyone know how to change the time zone on this thing? It's really 11, not 9.

 

2 comments:

Carmack said...

It's under the "formatting" tab on your blogger settings.

Anonymous said...

very good --- your thoughts -- feelings --- what you're reading, etc. very good.

oh, and CARMACK made a comment - and it was helpful! we must be related.
hmm, sometimes he makes me wish i'd been in marching band. sigh.
(i'm mg on his - and mm on yours)

have a great 'restuvtheweke', laura.

mm