happy selah

I like coffee, I'm just going to put that out there.

I just finished a cup of it, and I am very satisfied. I am thankful Sky Ranch provides coffee in the mornings. Sometimes, as I'm going to sleep at night, I look forward to the cup of coffee I'll have with my waffles/french toast/biscuits and gravy/bagel sandwhich/whatever in the morning. And usually a little bit of cereal. I think I just love breakfast altogether.

Selah ( Hebrew: סלה) meaning "pause, reflection", within the context of a prayer or psalms, is similar in purpose to Amen in that it stresses the importance of the preceding passage.
In this way, Selah is thought to imply that one should pause and reflect on what has been said. Alternatively, Selah may be a musical notation (thus explaining its use throughout Psalms) or may mean "forever", as it does in some places in the liturgy (notably the penultimate blessing of the Amidah).

Every week, us counselors get a predetermined "Selah" day. I wasn't clear on what the word Selah meant, so I did some research (thank you Wikipedia). Now I know, and so do you. Oh, and my Selah day is today.

I'm in the mood for some pictures, aren't you?


So this was at TGI Fridays on my last evening at Baylor. It was a Sunday night, and I was to leave the next day after my last final, Religion. The people that you see sitting at that table are now all over the world - Paris, Costa Rica, Switzerland, Sky Ranch, Dallas, possibly Egypt. Hopefully next semester we can pick up right where we left off.

Ok, one more.


I just really like that picture of Jiye and me, also taken on my last night. It's right outside of a Collins' stairwell. And that Minnie Mouse watch I'm wearing (yeah, I know you can't tell its Minnie Mouse, but just trust me on this one.)? I got it at Disney World last May, after graduation. Yeah, I've been wearing it a whole year (I'm wearing it right now actually) I never hang onto watches that long. They usually break or I get tired of them or something. So that was thirteen dollars well spent.

Man guys, I really have a good life. And also, I just realized that Swizterland is a really funny word.


And all I intended to talk about in this post was coffee.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love you. sometimes i forget how adorable you are. but at times like this i remember.

bjs

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura, you've been gone a long time. Glad to see camp is goin sweet. It's a bummer you can't come to impact, but I guess it's for a good reason...

Nate