happy 2nd of July

This couch that I'm lounging on in the counselors' lounge is really comfortable. I mean really. I don't know why I haven't lounged on this couch before. I'm really full of coffee cake. Sunday morning breakfast here is rather yummy. It includes fruit and muffins and coffee cake and granola and such, kind of a continental breakfast, to give the cooking staff a break I presume. Usually there is also coffee, but they didn't have any this morning. That was really unfortunate. But I had a lot of coffee cake, to make up for it.

So this time next week I will be home. Probably. I'm not sure if we are to leave Sunday or Saturday, I'm thinking Saturday. That's weird. It's going to be hard to focus this week because the whole time I will be thinking "This is the last time to do the Pendulum" "This is the last time to play Mission Impossible" "This is the last time to eat Sky Burgers" "This is the last time to do the Truckin' Thursday dance." At first I was only happy, I just wanted to get home, but now I'm a little afraid. I've developed such good habits here, and have been challenged and have learned so much. I don't want to go home and be the same I was before. I don't want to just sit in front of the TV and shop and eat and sleep and play. Summers are so selfish. But I also can't wait to sleep in and take of my watch for a few days. Not have to always worry about being on schedule and always having to be fun. Sometimes, the pressure to be a "fun" and "cool" counselor weighs on me.

But anywho, I need to stop thinking about this. I still have a whole week! A lot could happen in a week. The world could end in a week.

On Thursday, for an illustration for our Bible Study, I did 105 pushups. My arms are still really sore.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1 week.. yay!! :)

Anonymous said...

105 pushups!?! I am so impressed!!

when you get home - smell the milk before you pour it on your cereal! (that was the first thing i thought of to say - except the pushups comment).

back to the pushups--- i am wowed by that. . . and am interested to know what you were studying in your Bible that day. hmm

mm