We're famous.

The Dallas Morning News wrote a story about us! (click here.) A couple weeks ago a young reporter stayed a night at the farm and took pictures and video and notes and now it has all come together as an article. I'm not speifically mentioned, but I am inadvertently when she says

The young farmers of World Hunger Relief don't see themselves as farmers in the traditional sense.

Yes, they have farmer's tans and sometimes wear overalls, but some also have trendy square-rimmed glasses and pierced noses. They update the egg inventory as well as a farm blog. And they have wireless Internet but no flush toilets. . . ."Originally, I was like 'Whoa, Waco? Is this going to be some kind of cult?' " said 27-year-old Will Summers, who grew up in El Paso and majored in film at the University of Texas at Austin.

But there's no Kool-Aid here, only raw goat's milk.


I'm the only one there with a nose ring, so it had to be about me. I'm famous! I'll try not let it go to my head.

And I'm still in California. Apparently its fashionable now for guys to wear high socks. They surfer guys around here all wear white, high, pulled up socks. I don't dig it.

I'd like to thank Elizabeth for letting me know that the article had printed.

 

4 comments:

Nancy said...

White, high socks on surfer guys?

I wish I could start a trend.

Elizabeth H. said...

Yay! And you were in the video, too... so you're doubly famous!

Hope you're having fun in California!

Anonymous said...

dangit.....i sat for so long trying to picture which girl had the nose ring and i couldn't figure it out!
i feel dumb

Anonymous said...

I've pretty much decided that trendy fashion these days is simply intentional bad fashion. "White socks pulled all the way up? Wow, you are so ironic and trendy right now!"