Stop

Sometimes it gets exhausting--all the worlds that this person is involved in. This summer I'm finding it's hard for me to be fully present at one place, whether it be in Waco, at the farm, in Colleyville, on an airplane. If I'm here then I'm not there and I'll be doing this but not doing that and what about after this? And it's all just social stuff, no big deal, I'm just operating on two and a half hours of sleep and feeling exhausted but I can't flippin' nap. And so everything is feeling like a big deal.

And I want everyone and everything but there is just so many of them. I've have become increasingly bad at losing things like keys and books and directions, and I think it's just because I'm never focused on one moment.

Sometimes I just want everything to stop for a moment. "I hope this old train breaks down, Then I could take a walk around, And, see what there is to see, And time is just a melody, All the people in the street, Walk as fast as their feet can take them, I just roam through town, And though my windows got a view, The frame im looking through, Seems to have no concern for me now."

But I'm back from California now and safe and clean and I had a great week.

Texas is hot. And Waco is nowhere near the ocean.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well...hopefully you'll be up to giving us a farm tour on friday afternoon. I would really like to see it. But be totally honest if you would rather us give you a break. We could come on a later date ...?

Nancy said...

I know a place where you can sleep late.

Anonymous said...

cali is beautiful isn't it? i was just thinking today about going to live there at some point, if the Lord allows. i have some friends in san clemente. (it's about an hour north of san diego..i think) anyway. it's a smallish, laid-back, amazing community. they(the friends) live up on a big hill/mountain sorta thing that overlooks the ocean. i miss the way the air feels. and the sunsets. glad you're back though, lauralie.