Food

That tickle is feeling a little worse.  Nothing really bad, I'm just feeling a little under the weather.  Luckily, I didn't have to work today because  I did a little extra yesterday.  So I tried to sleep in, but was fully awake by 7:30.  Grrr.  That's ok, I like mornings.  I ran errands and stuff.  And I played guitar some, but didn't have much of a voice and so mainly played  Bright Eyes songs.  He doesn't have much of a voice either.


I took some stuff that has made me feel weak and tired, but I can't sleep.  I tried napping.  That rarely works for me.  Whatever.  Life is hard.

I felt uneasy all today--being in town and not doing anything whilst I knew my fellow farmers were working.  I didn't like it.  I came back and everyone was gathering for lunch, and I felt right again.  I like these people.  I like how as soon as people are finished eating, there is this unspoken coalition that forms as people start washing dishes, sweeping, wiping counters.  Everyone helps cleans.  It's beautiful.  

We're also really blessed here with having awesome cooks.  There's not a day that goes by (except for on weekends) when I don't hear someone exclaim after/during lunch something like, "Man! This is/was a great lunch!  Thanks [whoever was cooking]!"  And it's always true.  Even when I cooked!  I think there is magic in this food.  But organic, sustainable magic, not processed, chemical-ly magic. 

And that's that.

 

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Since you're doing the organic, healthy thing this summer I'll recommend an organic, healthy way to treat a sore throat: gargle with salt water (some water with salt poured in).

Also get lots of rest and drink lots of liquids.

Don't forget: lots of rest.

I know a place you can rest.

Anonymous said...

It seems like you get sick a lot. Or maybe just a little more than most people I know. Like colds, do you get colds often? I always get a little jealous when I read about you having a tickle in your throat because I love when my voice goes away. It rarely ever happens. Maybe once every couple years. I think it is so cool to be apart from my normal voice for a while. And it seems like it happens to you a lot more often. Is this true or am I projecting my desire for a sore throat onto you?

robert said...

Haha, I saw where that was going about Bright Eyes. He has a really distinctive voice, that's for sure.