Cali

I am currently cursed with the inability to sleep in. Despite what my blog may tell you, it is 8 am where I am and I've been up for over an hour. Everyone else in the house is asleep. Despite me complaining about it, I actually enjoy this. I get to have some moments to myself and read, possibly blog. Va bene.

I get to say all the italian phrases that float in my head this week without bound! I usually just keep them in my head, because people wouldn't know what I'm saying. (Va bene (Ok)? Dove (Where)? Andiamo (Let's go)? Che triste (How sad)? Mangia(Eat!)? Non lo so (I don't know)?) But these people do.

I'm at Vanessa's beach house in Santa Cruz, California. I got here Saturday with Melissa. It's pretty foggy right now, but not as foggy as it was yesterday morning. It clears up later though. And it's cold. Cold! In the mornings and evenings. I haven't been cold outside in awhile. Yesterday I went into the Pacific Ocean for the first time, which is also cold. And the waves are a lot more powerful than Texan waves. Yesterday, as I was frolicking in them, one pulled me under and for a moment I couldn't tell which way was up and I couldn't get out. I had a mini freak out, but it was just for a moment.

I'm hoping to come back with a nice, more even, tan.

 

4 comments:

Nancy said...

I was thinking you might be speaking in another language out there.
. . . and reminiscing.
Have fun!

Anonymous said...

ahh the crazy tan lines are great though! sounds like you're having a good time. hope you enjoy the ocean. a good ocean/beach is one thing texas lacks, i think. don't die out there, lauralie. see ya soon. oh and i got a blog.

caroline said...

so jealous!

Anonymous said...

Be sure to wear sunscreen when you're out there. Burning gives you thymine dimers, which are catalyzed by UV rays.. And unrepaired thymine dimers are carcinogenic... just a warning. Have fun in the sun at the beach! So jealous.. I miss you