Cupcakes

It feels good to do things for other people. I baked cupcakes tonight for a friend's birthday (I know, I'm so domestic) and we're going to deliver to him later tonight. It was therapeutic-the mixing, the baking, the icing, the sprinkling, the arranging on a plate. It made the things weighing on my mind feel a little lighter. It was my first time to make cupcakes, and they turned out quite yummy. Not that it was very hard--I just followed the directions on the box. It created quite a mess though. It's red velvet cake and it now looks like I've killed someone in the kitchen--there are splotches everywhere, and my hands have an eerie red tent (excuse me, Will I mean tint) now.

Oh, the last batch is done cooling. Now to attend to more icing.

 

3 comments:

Wil Carmack said...

how did you fit a whole tent on your hands? i don't remember your hands being that big.

Rob said...

Thanks for the comment!

I agree, I think that is a very empowering concept and needs to be more of theme in the teachings of the churches in America.

Nancy said...

Somebody told me about a place in Dallas that is supposed to have the most delicious cupcakes in the world. That somebody hasn't had yours yet. 'Course I haven't either.... but you can remedy that WHENEVER YOU'D LIKE!!!