Pandora


Are you aware of Pandora Radio? It's pretty sweet. You tell it an artist you like, and then it develops a radio station for you with artists and songs of that same style. You then can bookmark certain songs or artists you discover if you want to remember them to buy or listen to them later. I had been told about this website before but had not experienced it until this morning. I was studying for my Mythology class and was going over the story of Pandora and her box and thought, "Oh yeah, Pandora, let's check that out," and I did. My Ani Difranco radio station has made for good studying music. Then my computer almost ran out of battery and I took that as I sign that I should take a break from studying and write in my blog. And as a sign that I should plug it in.

The weather has been beautiful, no? Yesterday I went to World Hunger Farm and worked in the garden for a couple hours. It was therapeutic. Going there is a good punctuation to my week. It's one of the few times in the week that I'm not doing something for myself--like going to class or studying or working or eating or buying groceries. I'm doing stuff for the Earth. And there are cool people there. I hoed with a girl who was visiting the farm and works at an organic farm in Pennsylvania. Before that she was a trail blazer in Maine--she made trails. Cool, huh? And there were two new kids at the farm, as in baby goats, that were precious.

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like you, Laura. When is your spring break? And are you doing anything special during that time?

Nancy said...

Wow. Pandora Radio.

That World Hunger Farm experience sounds good for you. (Better than selling wings and closing at 2 am. Oh yes.)

Wil Carmack said...

wow. pandora radio; after 2 minutes of messing with it i am now into a cool new musician, Bonnie "Prince" Billy/Will Oldham. thanks sister.

caroline said...

Yeah that radio thing is so awesome! I've already made like 5 stations... So good. There are not many things I enjoy more than great new music!

Anonymous said...

i hate to repeat everyone else, but....pandora radio is sweet.