Dreary

Today is such a dreary day. It put me in a dreary state of mind, but that's what working out, oatmeal raisin cookies, and roommates are for. The roommates also help with the rent.

Today is a big game day for Baylor Men's Basketball. We have a rematch against Texas. Tickets for the general public sold out even before student tickets went on sale yesterday. Student tickets went on sale at 11:30 and Rachael, Linh and I got there at 11 to stand in line. There was already quite a line formed. At least this time I wasn't alone in standing in line. A couple Fridays ago I went by myself to "quickly" pick up tickets for the Oklahoma game and ended up standing in line in the rainy cold for an hour.

What's interesting is that the Lady Bears are ranked higher than the Men, yet it's the Men's games that sell out, the only loyal fans for the Lady Bear's being local alumni. Word on the street is that men's basketball is more fast-paced and therefore more fun to watch. Well I have a ticket for the Women's game tomorrow afternoon and I'lll see if that is an accurate statement.

 

3 comments:

Nancy said...

It was pretty dreary here today. Actually in the tea room the rain was pouring so hard I though the roof would cave in.
Thankfully it didn't!

Anonymous said...

I agree that men's basketball is more fast paced and much more interesting to watch....and since I am a woman and a former basketball player, I think my statement means more than the "word on the street."

Of course, I would love it if I still played basketball, but I know how unappealing it is to watch women play. I don't know what it is about female vs. male games, but the men just keep it more interesting. Oo! Female vs. male...maybe if girls played against boys professionally, then it'd be REALLY interesting. WMNBA.

Julia said...

i'm sorry it's a dreary day. :(

i love you and miss you!