Hi Summer.

Today definitely felt like summer, and I'm not just talking about the sun and the heat. Both of those were involved in the day (but thankfully today I wore sunscreen) but there was also swimming in a pond. It was a sizable pond, though not quite a lake. I don't really know where the line is between pond and lake. I think it has to do more with depth than expanse. Either way, a dip in this body of water was very refreshing and very summer. It will be happening again soon. We did see one and a half snakes though. I say half, because one was just a baby. The other one was gliding along the surface of the water. It looked pretty cool, but was not a comforting sight.

And this is from page 248 of the aforementioned novel:

As well as touching on the sensitive topic of religion, Athena had gone further: she had talked about diet, a subject of national interest, more important even than wars, strikes, or natural disasters. We may not all believe in God, but we all want to get thin.


Ouch, America. That hurts. Oh wait, this book is set in England. Really--ouch, humanity.


The human mind is an amazing thing. I was thinking this while typing that quote. I was looking at symbols (letters) with my eyes that form into thoughts (words) that flowed into my mind and back out through my fingertips, which knew which buttons to press to transcribe those symbols to form those ideas again on this document. Wild!

 

3 comments:

Nancy said...

VERY INTERESTING post. I mean, I REALLY like it!

. . . but those snakes in the water - horrors!

Nancy said...

the one shoe on my foot in my 'Caroline post' can be explained by the picture right before that. . . . of Caroline trying on my shoe!

Can't wait to see you tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

caroline said...

ew snakes in the water! scary