don't worry, about a thing, cause every little thing, is gonna be alright.

So weekend duty is done. And I had yesterday off because of it. I find days off to be a lot of pressure, because I feel like I should to do something that I wouldn't normally do, but I have a lot of free time anyway so there's not a lot I can't normally do. So I just did things I normally do. Like read and play guitar. I also bought some fabric, because my new friend and roommate Melyssa is going to teach me how to make a wrap skirt. It's going to be reversible. I'm stoked.

Today I spend a lot of time moving hay around and ended up looking like a person of a different ethic identity because I got so dirty by all the hay-dusties.


When it's windy, the doors in the dorm slam themselves shut a lot. It's doing it right now. It sounds like everyone is angry.

These people challenge me. Like, they really care about things. Like the state of the starving world or the evils of high-fructose corn syrup or the conservation of resources or the importance of local agriculture or fair trade or helping each other. Stuff like that.

Who can name the song that is my post title first?

 

5 comments:

Rob said...

The title of the song is "Three Little Birds" by the great Bob Marley.

Nancy said...

I certainly couldn't name that song title.
Rob- he knows everything.
As do you.

Well, maybe not life before ranch dressing. . . (like me)

laura said...

rob wins!

and what? there was life BEFORE ranch dressing?

laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

hey i was a different ethnic identify also.
i hear that song all the time also.
AND i find i need something to do when there is nothing to do.
i think we share more than just a room :)skirt soon...maybe next week?