Green!

I'm sitting on the floor of my furniture-less room in Waco. Me and some of my gal pals painted it green yesterday, which was a lot of fun. I left some of the pink though, as you can see in this picture.

Yesterday, all four of my roommates came back (roommates=Rachael, Tinsley, Elise, and Claire)! There was much merriment, together again. We ate at Clay Pot while Elise regaled us with stories of her adventures in Italy and Lithuania, and we did the same with a our various Texan adventures. Tomorrow I will move my furniture in. I'm not looking forward to the process, but I am looking forward to being able to assemble my room and put everything away. I'm living out of a suitcase right now.

It's good to be back, and weird, and scarey, and comfortable, and the same, and different. I'm just here right now, let's just leave it at that. I don't have to label everything with an emotion. I can just be.

 

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I love the flowers on the wall!!!

Anonymous said...

i feel like i've been living out of a suitcase all year. i was a bit settled in denton, but i still never completely unpacked. and that was okay. at the farm especially, i never unpacked everything. i think it will be nice to settle somewhere for a bit. probably going to sign the lease tomorrow! fingers crossed.

Anonymous said...

yes it was actually THE shelf of the world. didn't see any books. what a hike though... i was so tired and hungry, i would have eaten dirt, which is pretty much what that burrito tasted like.