Cold Coffee

I enjoy having lots of time in the morning. When my alarm goes off I may not think it's a good idea, but I do as I then get to leisurely eat breakfast, get ready, perhaps write on my blog . . .?

Leisurely is a tricky word to spell. That sure doesn't look like a word.

For about ten minutes yesterday I decided that after graduation I would move to Thailand and teach English. (The head of the Gender Studies department is also really connected with Thailand and has arranged it so Baylor graduates can go over there for a year--May to March--to teach English. She is best buds with the Thai royal family.) For about ten minutes the day before I decided I would do Teach For America (Claire was talking about it). Who knows what I will decide to do today. Or next May for that matter.

My coffee is cold but I keep drinking it.

That is all.

(Hm. That could be the name of a band or song or book or something--Cold Coffee. Or this blog post. It has a nice rhythm.)

 

4 comments:

caroline said...

it's awesome to feel like the whole world is open to you and you have endless possibilities...
and you can do whatever you want to do!

Nancy said...

Cold coffee usually leaves me cold.

Maybe you ought to start a band with that name.

(One of these days I'm going to try iced coffee. Oh, and boba tea)

Being Beth said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog, Laura! I'm not a fan of cold coffee, though I've drunk a lot of it, but I do agree -- it has a nice rhythm.

Keep on dreaming and reaching for those stars. I like the way your dreams seem to include giving of yourself to others. Says a lot about you.

Elizabeth H. said...

Cold coffee makes me cringe... and I used to throw it out, until I lived with your parents for 6 weeks and realized that microwaving coffee for 30 seconds is a MUCH better idea! Yum!

And I can completely see you in both Thailand teaching English and doing Teach for America. You would be so good at both! My good friend Charles used to do recruiting for TFA, if you want some info on how to appeal to the interviews, not like you need any help though! He only quit so he could get his masters at Harvard!
Let me know if you want his contact info, if you go that route!!