Back.

Oh me, oh my. I'm back in Waco now, thrust back into ordinary life. I flew back into Dallas at about 10:30 last night, spent the night at home, and got back to Waco this morn just in time to change and go to class (I just used the word "back" four times in two sentences). Today I have to read half of Beowulf and work five to close. I'm trying to catch my breath.

It's good to be back, but it's also just weird. For one, it's weird being here without a lot of people that are usually here with me, like half of my roommates. Rachael and Tinsley are here, and its fabulous to be with them again, but it's definitely a lot quieter than usual. Oh, another weird thing, my cousin, John, is in my Brit Lit class with me. I never would have guessed that I would be taking a class with him. It's an interesting turn of events.

And I just feel a little different.

I took 340 pictures in the last two weeks. Here's one, to entice you. It's Sandy, the Great Rift Valley, and myself, taken on the first Sunday we were in Kenya.



Back to Beowulf.

 

1 comments:

Nancy said...

You're welcome - for the ride this morning.
On the ride back home it poured, plus we were in a major traffic slowdow after a big wreck just south of Fort Worth.

I love the picture of you and Sandy.

And I guess that WAS weird when you went to your class and, lo and behold John was there!! I think that's great. (I bet he was surprised, too.)

Little Caroline made the trip today really well, thankfully. Yes, she IS precious. And I AM blessed to have her here. Feel free to drive up and see her sometime!

-Thanks for your comment on my new blog-site.
What a thrill.
-mm jw