Yum.

Today turned out to be a really pretty day, weather wise. That's always a nice surprise--when a day starts out raining(ish) and turns into pretty.

I got a chicken caeser wrap from work today that was unwanted because someone changed their order to a low carb chicken caeser wrap and so the girl who was making it said
"Laura, do you like chicken caeser?" And I said,
"What?" because this girl (who is a manager) doesn't usually talk to me if she doesn't have to and the question was unexpected.
"Do you like chicken caeser?"
I said, "Uh, yeah." Still not understanding.
"Then this is yours." She said.
So she put it in a to go box and placed it in the back room. I grabbed it on my way out, hours later, and ate it back at my apartamento whilst watching an episode of Friends. With the wrap, she added the customery field green salad with raspberry vingarette dressing and, to my surprise, a peanut butter cookie. And a napkin. I was touched. A peanut butter cookie and a napkin. Hm.

I just finished a little paper for English. That is satisfying. As was my chicken caeser wrap with a side field green salad with raspberry vingarette dressing and a peanut butter cookie and a napkin.

I should start being more randomly and quietly nice to people. It makes days.

 

4 comments:

robert said...

random nice things are nice...and random...ha

Anonymous said...

During one of the first times I went to Buon Giorno, I was ordering a drink and it's routine for them to ask you what your name is. Jeff happened to be the barista, so he asked me for my name, I told him, then he randomly said, "I really like that name. I also really like your earrings." And it was so out of the blue and unnecessarily kind that it just made my day better. Thanks, Jeff.

Anyway, so yeah, I agree with you on that. But I can never really think of little things to do to make someone happy....actually, for all we know we could do our everyday thing and make a ton of people's day a little brighter without even realizing it. Maybe your manager lady does that without even thinking about how it could possibly make you happy. I bet you do things that are quietly nice to people. You're pretty awesome.

Anonymous said...

I will be more randomly and quietly nice to people, too. Thank you for the inspiration! -jw

Anonymous said...

I must come and try that chicken caesar wrap!!!!
mm