"I was made for you." ?

I'm at Common Grounds right now and they're playing a song in which a girl keeps singing, "I was made for you." Well, there are other words, but those are what keep repeating. I don't know if I buy that--that people are "made" for each other, romantically speaking. I don't think there is a guy out there who was made for me and that, with him, I will be complete. I think relationships and marriages and love are well and good, but not the culmination of our exsistence. I don't believe I'm made for any person. Well, I think I'm made for every person, we are all made for each other, and to love each other, but that's another story. I'm talking about romance. It's nice, but I refuse to believe that it's what I'm made for. I hope that it's not, I hope there's more to life than that.

That was just a thought I had. Now to get back to my annotated bibliography

 

6 comments:

Carmack said...

Outstanding.

Unknown said...

i was just listening to that song! I agree with your point, but i also think there are certain people that we are meant to be with, and they were made in a way that will compliment our existance, not complete it. but that's just me. Maybe when you're in love and stuff you will be like YES because people in love aren't logical and you will say that. or something. lol.

Anonymous said...

I just read your last three posts and thought Florence sounds awesome, I definitely want to study abroad at some point. And the last two posts were cool-'ve been thinking about how small little acts of kindness can make a persons day. Like when I was at work before and a lot of people are rude, but then someone comes up and says something really nice, it is a very pleasant suprise.

Anonymous said...

hmm. . . i think you have something there, but then as april pointed out - when you think you have found that someone, you think, well, differently. then when you get out of the 'infatuation' of the 'in love' feeling, you're back to being realistic. personally, i think if you are convinced that there is just one person out there for you, you might get stressed, thinking 'oh my gosh - what if i'm not at the right place at the right time to meet that right person?.' !!??!!
my advice: BE the right person - in other words: be who you are. And for sure, let God be your god.
-jw

Anonymous said...

oh yeah --- thinking that there is someone out there to completely complete you - is crazy. what a burden for that someone.

you are so smart.
jw

Anonymous said...

haha, i just read your new cheese quote. and i laughed. hence the "haha" at the beginning of this comment.