I'm a snob.

So I have this theory--you may have heard me mention it before--that everyone is a snob about something. It's different for everybody--music, food, fitness, clothes, bikes, outdoor equipment, jeans, books--whatever. I believe this to be true, but have had trouble pinpointing the snobbery in me. I sometimes take pride in the fact I listen to some obscure artists, but I also love to jam to artists like Usher and Rascal Flatts, and I don't lose respect for a band when their music is played on a commercial or TRL. So I don't think I'm a music snob. I just haven't been able to diagnose myself, but today I think I've figured it out. I think I'm a sandals snob. I love my Chaco's, Teva's, and Gurkee's. Even when my Chaco's gave me blisteres I enjoyed wearing them merely because I knew they were Chaco's, and they cost sixty bucks (they don't anymore, by the way. give me blisters I mean). I recently found my missing Teva in the back of my closet and so they've barely left my feet since. They're so comfortable and rather cute, but also, they're Teva's. I take pride in having sandals made by respectable outdoor sandal companies. Hi, my name is Laura, and I'm a sandals snob. And I don't plan on changing. I love my sandals. (My Gurkees smell though--they absorb my feet sweat. That's kind of annoying.) I'll probably eventually be an art snob too. I think it's inevitable, being an Art History major and all.

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm only disappointed about the lack of a test because I am now unable to study my notes and actually absorb the information wihtout feeling stupid and nerdy about it. Haha, stupid and nerdy. That's a little contradictory. But I guess if I really want to learn the stuff, I'll take the time to do it, right? I just have so many other things going on that it seems silly.

I think I agree that you're a sandals snob. Does that make me a book snob? I suppose that's what I'd be if I was anything. You're kind of a book snob, too. And maybe an art snob. Maybe you're just a snob snob. JUST KIDDING, FRIEND! You're not a snob at all.

I'm in odd form today, so don't be offended by anything I just said.

Unknown said...

I'm a chacos snob I think, too. I don't have tevas or gukees, but I always respect/like people more when I see chacos on their feet. I think it give them credibility...or something...good thing you have chacos!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
robert said...

haha i think sandal snobbery (sp?) is ok...

Anonymous said...

hmm. you got me to thinkin'. what kind of snob am i? ---hmm.
i know! i am a Target snob!!!!
(i'm feeling kind of snobby now. - which feels kind of nice, in a superior kind of way.)
-mm

Anonymous said...

I guess i might be a Wal-Mart snob, but I think that is an oxymoron.
-jw

Anonymous said...

Whoa. I went to the websites of those sandals. Chacos and Tevas are not cheap! Didn't you used to wear $3 flip flops? Oh right - you're a snob now.
Ha.

-jw