My next hairstylist is going to hate me

So my hair caught on fire yesterday. I was eating dinner in my loft with some of my roomies and we lit a candle because the light bulb directly over the table had gone out. Claire had made herself some yummy-looking chocolate-chip pancakes and I was offered a bite. As I was leaning over the table to procure said bite, I began to smell burnt hair. I then looked down and saw the my hair was directly on top of a open flame and that was the source of the awful stench. So I screamed and jumped back. I didn't actually see my hair catch flame, just smelled the smell and afterwards saw the curled, charred ends of a small section of my hair. I spent some time last night going through my hair and cutting the ends that had burned.

My throat is all scratchy, I've been sneezing a lot, and I woke up this morning with a runny nose. I don't want to be sick dag-nab-it.

edit:
And just so you know, the yummy-looking chocolate-chip pancake was delicious.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I'm glad that your hair was the only part that caught fire. I don't think the earth could keep turning without Miss Laura Carmack. Ok, it probably would, but I wouldn't like it very much.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your hair and that you are feeling sick. I hope that you feel better. Just wondering did you get your bite of chocolate-chip pancake?

Anonymous said...

i think your next hairstylist is going to laugh. - or at least say, 'well, at least you lived to tell about it!'

sorry you're feeling sick. that's a big 'UGH'.
don't forget: get rest, drink lots of liquids. you know, do the stuff your mother would tell you to do.

-jw