I ch-ch-choose you

'Tis Valentine's Day. There has never been so many flowers and sweets and baked goods in our apartment at one time. I feel like this is the semester when we will all gain like, ten pounds. (which reminds me of a line in an Alanis Morrisette song "..that I would be good, even if I gained ten pounds..." it's a good song) But then there's Sing, to offset that. It opens tomorrow by the way. Eeee! We had our dress rehearsal tonight and preformed in front of actual people. It was fun, but pretty nerve-wracking. We're always being told to be sharper and happier and "Sing faces!" and how much we have to prove ourselves to everyone and make Pigskin (sorry for you non Baylor people who don't know what I'm talking about. There's like 20-something acts in Sing in the spring and then the best of them, about seven, go on to PigSkin in the fall. It's pretty intense. A big deal) Really, I'm less concerned with making Pigskin and more with just having fun and entertaining the audience. I wish everyone would just stop freaking out and ENJOY IT.

This week is going by s o s l o w by the way. I think it's all the Sing practices. Oh, and I have exciting news (for myself anyway)...I can sleep in tomorrow! My only class is cancelled and I am NOT setting my alarm. Ooooh yeeaah. I haven't been able to do that in so long.

Life is good though. I like life.

Claire got a fondue pot thing (I don't know what they're called) for her birthday which was last weekend (on MY half birthday, the 11th). And we heated up some chocolate and dipped various foods in it and it was GLORIOUS.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i so agree- ENJOY Sing --- I'm glad you're doing that!
Have fun!
-jw

Anonymous said...

You still have a song for everything. Good luck with Sing. I bet you guys will do great.
-Nate