Splendid

So I did something kind of spontaneous today...I applied for a job....at Common Grounds. Ah! That's how I feel. Ah! It's a good Ah! though. We were hanging out there last night and I saw they had a "Now Hiring" sign out and a thought started forming in my head...... then last night, I couldn't get to sleep because our neighbors were blaring Justin Timberlake, and so I started thinking more about the aforementioned "Now Hiring" sign...and how I have a lot of free time this semester because I'm not in FCC anymore....and I thought about how it would be fun to work at Common Grounds...So today, after lunch, I went by and picked up an application. The guy working said that they were needing worker(s) of the female variety, and I'm a female, so that works. So I came back to the loft and filled out the application. It's was a long, beastly, but also kind of fun application. I turned it back in a few hours ago. The same guy was working. And I got a Strawberry Bomb smoothie. I've kept the cup sitting on my desk for good luck. I rinsed it out though, don't worry, its not that gross.

So yeah that would be way sweet if I got the job, but I'm trying not to expect to. I think a job at Common Grounds would be highly coveted. I'm just kind of proud of myself for applying.

And later, when we are more settled in, I will definitely put pictures up of our loft. I already have "before" pictures, of how it looked after bringing all my boxes in. I'm waiting to take the "after" pictures, its not quite ready for that yet. So stay tuned.

Oh, and we went to UBC this morning! That was splendid, seeing everyone and being back in the building and all. Simply splendid.

 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah. . . Common Grounds. I would come and order one of those white chocolate cold things. yum.
yum yum yum.

mm