So camp is now in full swing. It was rough at first, and I was distracted by my own inadequecy (sp?) and was a tad overwhelmed, but now, I'm smiling. Literally, I'm sitting here in the deathly quiet counselor's lounge, smiling (other people are on their laptops as well). It probably looks pretty silly.

I love my cabin of girls. No major attitude problems or anything (my stomach just growled really loud, that was kind of awkward). Teenage girls are funny, I've realized (yes, I realize I still am one for a few more months.) For instance, this morning, before heading out to our first activity, the water slides, they were all crowded around the mirror straightening their hair and putting on make up. And we were going to the water slides. Silly girls. And it was so cute to watch them at the barn dance last night as they awkwardly two-stepped with the boys. And I'm not gonna lie, my cabin has a lot of good-looking ninth graders, so its fun to watch the boys try to get their attention, and vice versa.

But of course that's not the most fun part. The best part is when a girl will take you aside because they have a question about God, or share with you something that is going on at home and ask you for help. That's the best part, but its also the scariest part. That's the part when you have to totally let God take control, because you don't want to screw anything up. You know? You know.

 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I loved reading that.
mm