Sorry to leave you in suspense, but I do now know what cabin/age group I'm in. I'm in Sky 3 (which is middle school kids) which is what I wanted. Woot! But I'm also a "swing" cabin, which means if Sky 4 has a bunch of kids a certain week, our cabin will become a Sky 4 cabin (which is 14-16 year olds). It's cool though

I'm still having fun (and getting sunburned). We've been getting trained on all the activities this week. My favorites so far have been the canoes and waterslides. What's lame is that they wouldn't let us do the blob, because we're older than 18. It's a liability or something. Psh. I wanted to blob.

Right now, I have like and hour and a half of free time. I'm in the counselors lounge, which has a bunch of comfy couches and chairs and wireless internet. There are four people on their laptops right now, and three out of those four are on iBooks (that includes myself).

Campers come Sunday. I'm excited, but also real nervous. There's just so much to think about. The campers safety and happiness and health and spiritual welfare. And then I also have to take care of myself. And sleep. And not get skin caner. And be authentic. And not run out of clean clothes. I can see how it would be so easy to just put on my Christianity, for the kids, and have all the bible studies memorized and say all the right words, but then be totally dead inside. Especially when I get really tired. I just don't want that to happen.

 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great!

mm