Great week.

I'm never in Florence on Sundays. Usually I'm somewhere else--in Italy or otherwise. Usually in Italy. We got back yesterday evening from our Fall Break adventures. That was definitely one of the best weeks of my life. We did Switzerland, Belgium, and Amsterdam. We started out in the small town of Gimmelwald in Switzerland and the towns we visited got progessively bigger as the week went one untill we ended up in the city of Amsterdam. In Amsterdam we stayed with my roommate's family which was really nice after all of the hostels. And none of us have really been in a home since we were in America. I mean, these people even have a dog. Oliver. And they would lay out breakfast for us every mornning and the mom was always concerned we wouldn't be warm enough when we walked out the door. I haven't had a mom worry about my body temperature in a while. It was nice.

But yes, all that to say that I've never been here on a Sunday. I've never been here on a day when I have no obligations--no class, no train to catch. Just sitting on my bed writing in my blog, totally needing a shower but not wanting to move.

What a great week though.

That's probably another thing about how this is nice. All week I've had to get up and go do the tourist thing--Anne Frank's house, Van Gogh museum, hike through the Alps, canal tour, etc. But now I'm home in Florence and can just sit on my bed and write in my blog.

What a great week though.

Oh, but I am sick. Cold sick. I have no voice. Let's not talk about that. Or class. Yuck.

Because it's been a great week.



But I miss you.

edit:
That is very much not me in the picture. That's Vanessa. She's quoted in the post below.

 

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Wow. Great trip.
And i'm glad you're resting today.

Is that you in the picture?

Anonymous said...

Anne Frank's house. That's exciting.

You're not average, Laura.

Nancy said...

Well, I just assumed it was you. But now that you tell me who it really is, well, I would say, 'duh'. Of course it's Vanessa. (I just thought I hadn't seen you at that angle (lately), and well, maybe the leaves made your hair look dark, and your nose different, and your chin different, and maybe you bought a new brown shirt ... and well, .... it HAS been a while since I've seen you.)
Hurry and come home .... I think I'll recognize you if you come home soon. (By Christmas, at least).

Anonymous said...

Great work.