Another weekend, another adventure


So this past weekend I went on an trip with my school to the Amalfi Coast, the Isle of Capri, and Pompeii. It was a huge group--like 80 students. We created quite a scene wherever we went. Especially on Saturday night when we were stuck in a boat during a terrible lightning storm and then all ran to our hotel in the pouring rain, some of us without shoes on (they just get in the way). It was a good weekend though. The above picture is me in Pompeii, taken by my roommate Jenny because I forgot my camera at home. It was kind of nice to not have to click a picture of everything I saw, and to be just be able to see it. To just be there. As John Mayer says, I "didn't have a camera by my side this time. Hoping I could see the world through both my eyes. Maybe I will tell you all about it when I'm in the mood to loose my way in words." So I journaled diligently throughout the whole weekend so I would remember everything.

And now school. And Florence. And Melissa's birthday's tomorrow! In honor of that, here's a picture of us being cold and wet during the soccor game a few weeks ago.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not really into the whole photography thing, to be honest. I can understand why people would be and how it creates memories (not actually) and helps us remember special times and such. But I always find it annoying to have to pull out my camera in order to remember something. I think that if it is really that important, important enough to be photographed, then I'll remember it without the picture. And I like that John Mayer quote.

I'm sure that if I had a passion for it like some people do and wasn't so lazy about it and had a talent for it, then I would be able to appreciate it more. But for now, I'd rather just not.

I don't know why I told you all of that.

Nancy said...

Ha- That last picture is so funny of you. - And the Pompeii picture is great. And, of course, the words are good, too. Oh yes.