SUN 25



I got a new watch yesterday, at Target. It's a pretty unexciting watch, but nevertheless, it's my new favorite thing. It has a big, easy to read face that can light up at the push of a button and it shows the day and date. Today is SUN 25. It took me forever to figure out how to set it, but that made the setting of it all the more fulfilling. Oh, and its water resistant up to 30 meters. No deep sea diving for me, I guess.

It's been a pretty good weekend overall. Kinda busy, but good. Yesterday I had a meeting about the trip I'm going to take in May to Kenya and it's gotten me pretty excited. They talked to us about the culture of Kenya and what to expect and how to pack and stuff. It still doesn't feel like I'm actually going, more like it's just some game I'm playing, pretending what it would be like to go. But no, I'm actually going. And also yesterday I put shingles on the roof of a shed with Habitat. It was pretty fun; I got to be on the roof.

I'm having a really hard time finding the motivation to study today.

 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for shingles! We got to do a lot of shingling over Spring Break, it's pretty much my favorite part. And shingling nails are my favorite kind of nails. Is that weird that I have a favorite nail?

Your watch looks realllly big. In a good way. I should invest in one of those when I'm old and have to read large-print books. What happened to your old one?

Oh ya and by the way, I haven't seen sufjan yet so I can't update on him...but I'll see him this Saturday (hooray!)!

Anonymous said...

I like your watch!
So you're excited about Kenya!! Wow! I don't know very many folks who've been over there.
Here are my Kenya questions:
How Kenya keep from lion?
Kenya go safari's Africa?
Who Kenya call? Helov-rhino.
-jw

Anonymous said...

So you know how to put shingles on roofs?! I know a place north of you (about an hour and forty-five minutes) that needs lots of shingles. That will give you lots of fun! Ooo- and you were thinking you were going to get bored during Easter break . . . !

Oh and the Kenya trip is getting more real. Wow.
!!wow wow wow wow wow!!
G'day.
-mm