Happy Spring Break

I'm at Buon Giorno Coffee right now in Grapevine, TX. It's funny because I just turned in an arguement paper this morning about why Starbucks shouldn't charge for their wireless internet, and here I am, utilizing Buon Giorno's free WiFi. If only Starbucks' was free, maybe I'd be there, giving them my business. But no, they charge flippin' six bucks an hour. Hmph. Buon Giorno is way cooler anyway.

But back to me being in Grapevine--it's my old stompin' grounds. I'm just here for the night to gather my cold weather gear for use this upcoming week when I will be skiing. I'm going back to Waco tomorrow and then leave on Sunday for Colorado. I'm just bouncing all over the place. It's kind of fun.

The weird thing is that my parents are in Hawaii and my brother has his own place, so I'm all by my lonesome. And I'm not even staying at my house, because it's being renovated, but at my parents' apartment. (Hey! Buon Giorno is playing the Crowder Band! That makes my heart happy.) But it's kind of nice being all by my lonesome. I can do whatever I want. Like bum off Buon Giorno's free WiFi while drinking a Mocho Bianca (which is better hot than cold, by the way, I got it cold today for the first time and am a little disapointed.). Tomorrow, in Waco, I'll be all by my lonesome too. All my roommates left today for their various Spring Break adventures, so tomorrow night I'm hanging out with me. I'm actually looking forward to it. It will probably be a little creepy though--being in that big loft by myself. We'll see how it goes.

It's fun to hanging out with myself every once in awhile. I wouldn't want to make a habit of it though, I think I'd get pretty lonely. It's like Jamie Cullum's song, All At Sea . . ."I’m all at sea, Where no-one can bother me, I sleep by myself, I drink on my own, I don’t speak to nobody, I gave away my phone . . . Like a warm drink it seeps into my soul, Please just leave me right here on my own, Later on you could spend some time with me, If you want to, all at sea. . . You don’t need it every day, But sometimes don’t you just crave, To disappear within your mind, You never know what you might find, So come and spend some time with me, And we will spend it all at sea . . ." It's a good song; you should give it a listen. I think you can if you go to his website.

 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, sometimes i 'crave, to disappear within my mind.'

good words, yours are.
-jw