I had a first today--getting a massage. It was wonderful and felt marvelous--an hour long. And now I smell really good from the lotion rubbed all over me and feel very soft. Hmm.

It has been a whirlwind past couple of days. Ryan is in Colorado, and since most of my time of late has been spent hanging out with him (and well spent), I thought I would just be sitting around, twiddling my thumbs. Instead I've been pretty busy--catching up with people mostly. I forgot how popular I am! Just kidding.
Sunday I took an impromptu trip to Killeen to visit Rachael at Peaceable Kingdom Retreat for Children. I didn't feel like driving the three hours back to Colleyville and so spent the night in Austin with Melissa and Tinsley. I ate breakfast with Melissa, did a little shopping, and then met up with Tinsley for lunch. I made it back to the good ol' metroplex just in time to eat dinner with Julia. Phew. It was good to see all those girls and hear how their summers have been going. And tonight I will eat dinner with another good friend--Linh. Our friendship has been going strong for seven years now:

Excited to see where she will be in the next seven years!

I also registered for my first semester of grad school today. In the fall I will be taking Writing About Art, History of Art Education, Teaching Theories, and Literacy for All. Woot! Two of those classes are internet classes. That'll be interesting; I've never taken an internet class before. Hopefully that means they will be easier? There is no tellin with grad school I suppose. The other two are once a week, evening classes. It seems like my program is designed for people with daytime jobs. Maybe I should get one then. If I find myself not too busy with schoolwork, maybe I'll try substitute teaching or something. We shall see . . .

My clothes are dry now so I am going to go fold them.

 

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Busy times!
I love the two pictures of you and Linh. Two precious young ladies.

Linh said...

I feel so special!

Robert said...

I wish my clothes were dry right now. Nothing says good morning quite like damp socks and soggy hiking boots, haha.

ChristyDelaine said...

Laura! I finally responded to your tagging--I normally don't do things like that, but since you are my blogging inspiration I thought I would! Im so excited about you and katherine's upcoming life!