a birthday

Well I'm back from Denver. It was a fun trip and a wonderful reunion with my Florence peeps. There was snow and art and good friends and laughter and air mattresses and Family Guy and drag queens and fireworks and mountains and fondue. Good times abounded. My Florence crew and I have decided that next we would do Texas. Most of them haven't been to the lone star state, so Melissa and I are going to give them a tour of it this summer. The tentative plan is to have them fly into Dallas, see some sights here, then road trip town 35 through Waco, Austin, and end up in Houston (where Melissa is from). I'm stoked. Have any suggestions for must sees?

In other big news, today is my mom's birthday


I decorated our tree for her. I consider it quite an honor, since she is the one always decorating it for other people.

Happy Birthday Momma! I love you!

 

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Thank you so much, Laura!!!

I love you, too!!!
And I love the tree!!

Being Beth said...

YOU ARE SO SWEET! I wondered this morning if anyone would think to decorate the birthday tree for your mom -- daughters are the BEST and I love you for your sweetness.

Elizabeth H. said...

how fun!!!!! i want to see the tree!!!!

Anonymous said...

the tree was amazing. and so was the time honoring the birth of Mrs. Carmack. i'm thankful i was a part of it.