Open Mic

Tonight I and my roommate Elise will be performing at Common Ground's open mic night. She has a djembe and I have a guitar and tonight they will make sweet music together. Or sad music. Or angry music. Or funny music. Depending on the song. We are going to leave in like seven minutes.

The funny thing is that my voice is still not all the way back (see last post) so I'm all sexy and raspy (which reminds me of an episode of Friends. Anyone?).

It'll be good. I've done open mic there before (we get thirty whole minutes all to ourselves!) and it'll be nice to have someone else up there with me. Next time, Linh will hopefully join us, who plays piano.

Ok, gonna pack up.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're performing right now! even though you won't see this till afterwards, good luck!

and how did it go? and doesn't linh play something else too? i thought she did, if we're speaking of the same linh.

Nancy said...

How was it? I bet it was great.
Were you outside?

Linh plays the piano? If I knew that I forgot. Tell her hello.

Wil Carmack said...

aw, i wish i was there... I'm sure you sounded great! you all should start a band!