Hair Shmair.

Today is Canada's Thanksgiving, according to my Mom's blog. Good for them. Way to be, Canada.

My hair is now about three inches shorter, falling to about my chin or a little lower than my chin (depending on the humidity). I cut it yesterday afternoon, and by that I mean that I myself cut my hair in my bathroom with my scissors. It was very exciting and spontaneous. Ryan helped, and I have some pictures that I'll post later ( I'm in the library right now). I like it though. I'm pretty proud of myself. I saved about twenty dollars and had fun doing it. I was encouraged by both India Arie and Regina Spektor. India says, "I am not my hair, I am not this skin, I am not your expectations-no. I am not my hair. I am not this skin. I am the soul that lives within," and Regina tells me "Maybe you should cut your own hair, cause that can be so funny. It doesn't cost any money and it always grows back (hair grows even after you're dead . . ." Thanks ladies. And thanks Ryan.

And so it is Monday.
And so I didn't go to my first class and studied instead for a test tomorrow (and wrote in my blog).
And so I need to leave now to go to my Philosophy class.

And I leave Wednesday for Long Island.

 

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I am needing a haircut!

Anonymous said...

i want to see pictures.

and the haunted houses were a lot of fun. i get really scared, but i enjoy being scared (some of the time), so it was a nice rush of adrenaline. that place is pretty cool and definitely scary enough for you and me (i remember that you are quite jumpy in scary movies, like me.) you'd like it.

Anonymous said...

yuuuuuup!
although i think, in all, i only cut about 3 hairs off.