Calcio

I got a new nose ring today, and a new sweater. So it's been a pretty productive day so far. The sweater I'm wearing now; it's forest green with tan patches on the elbows a la Mr. Rogers. I'm in love with it. Its especialy feels good today because it's all rainy and dreary. Apparetly it rains a lot here from October to March. Great.

I went to a soccer game last night, that's the big news. Florence versus Rome. Even though it was cold and rainy, it was a lot of fun. Italians really love their soccer. And apparently last week someone died in a riot at a game. We were hoping to see a riot, but no such luck. It's was a good game. Rome was leading 2 to 1 throughout most of it, but then we scored a goal in the last 10 minutes and tied the game. And apparently it's ok to end a soccer game in a tie, because that's what happened. And once the game ended everyone ran for the gates. A whole wave of people. I don't know what everyone's rush was, I guess they didn't want to get stuck in traffic or wanted to be able to catch a cab before everyone else took them. We were in the later category, but then just ended up finding our way home by foot. We were really proud of ourselves.

Oh yeah, and I got an umbrella today. I figured it would come in handy.

Ooo, I just heard thunder. I'm really glad I bought the umbrella, because I have to go to class in a couple minutes.

And yeah, and my bug bite. I went to the doctor a couple days ago and he said it's just an infected bug bite. He popped it and gave me cream to put on it. It's getting better. I'd post a picture, but for some reason blogger isn't letting me right now. Just use your imagination.

 

5 comments:

Wil Carmack said...

i wish i was drinking wine in italy.

Wil Carmack said...

oh, and. how do make it so you have a profile pic?

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that it rained so much in Italy. That makes me want to go there even more.

Sorry about your bug bite, that does not sound pleasant.

Nancy said...

So you got a new nose ring? Should the word 'new' or 'ring' be emphasized? In other words, did you really get a RING? Does it curl around into your nostril - from the same pierce you had?
I'm just trying to prepare myself.
!!!!

Nancy said...

Hi Laura!
I didn't quite understand your comment on my last post - about preparing myself. Was that meant for someone else ?- ('course you were using Whitney's name (which happened to me one time when I left a comment on Bailey's blog - Sam's name came up --- Ha!)
We're leaving Sweden today! We'd have a WONDERFUL time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!