Ciao!

I am so overcome with excitment. I'm sitting in an internet cafe in Florence, Italy . . . and I LIVE here. I don't know what the time says, but in Italy its 11:30 am, and we're seven hours ahead of Texas, so you do the math. I got here yesterday afternoon. Last night I went out with my roommates and had pizza and wine and then crashed. We were all sooo tired. I woke up really early this morning though, at like six. We have nothing planned with the school today, so shopping is in order, there are molto saldi oggi (many sales today. I'm trying to impress you with my blossoming Italian.) Tomorrow orientation starts and then class starts Monday.

It still hasn't hit me I'm actually living here for the next 3 1/2 months. It's so surreal. We went to the Duomo this morning and it's absolutely gorgeous. Che bella! And I get to see it everyday.

 

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Ciao to you!
Here- same old same old.
Monday night we had Papa John's pizza. I bet you'd laugh at it over there. Here we wolfed it down.
Amo te!!!!

Elizabeth H. said...

Oh my gosh, how fun!! I can't wait to see pics.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are loving it so far! Wine and pizza, how fun! Be safe, dear friend of mine. Learn lots of Italian for me.

Nancy said...

Okay. Let's hear some more news. Maybe with some pictures.
OR - you could call!!!! (We tried calling today and the phone just rang and rang and rang.)